Punggol HDB Flat Fire Break Out, 3 Resident With 1 Firefighter In the Hospital

Punggol HDB Flat Fire Break Out, 3 Resident With 1 Firefighter In the Hospital

Punggol HDB Flat Fire – A fire broke out in a Housing Board flat in Punggol, and three people living there and a fireman were taken to the hospital. The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it was told about the fire at Block 326A Sumang Walk at 2:10 a.m. on Saturday, October 28.

When SCDF police got there, the people who lived in the 10th-floor unit that was damaged had already left.

Also check: 72-Year-Old Drunk Business Owner Fails to Stop at 2 Red Lights

Three people from nearby apartments had trouble breathing and were taken to Sengkang General Hospital.
The SCDF also said that a firefighter who felt tired during the operation was taken to the hospital as a safety step. “The firefighter wasn’t on the crew that went into the unit to actually put out the fire.” “Right now he is being watched in the hospital,” the SCDF said.

punngol hdb flat fire

Image source: Twitter/X/Thestraittimes

With a water jet, firefighters from Punggol Fire Station put out the fire. Initially, it looked like the fire was most likely caused by the battery pack of a power-assisted bicycle (PAB) that was being charged in the living room.

Must check: DBS Paylah Down For Many Users, After DBS services Goes Down Recently

The SCDF’s mid-year report says that there were 27 fires involving personal mobility devices (PMDs) and PABs in the first half of 2023. This is more than the 22 fires that happened in the same time period in 2022.

Also see: Jurong townhall accident, truck runs over motorcycle rider female dead

“To keep PMD and PAB fires from happening, the SCDF wants to remind people not to charge their batteries for long periods of time or overnight.” “In addition, do not purchase or use non-original batteries,” stated the SCDF.

Source: Thestraittimes

Leave a comment